Monday, February 27, 2012

Festival of the Rose

To honor our lovely Queen, our kingdom had a Festival of the Rose event. I dressed in Persian garb and performed a belly dance with some other ladies from my barony. It's been a while since I've worn any of my Persian garb, but it still fits...at least mostly! Here, I'm wearing a red silk coat over a purple linen layer over a sort of gauzy chiffon layer that I had used primarily for the cool Persian-y print. The salwar - which you can't really see underneath all the skirt volume - are light brown raw silk. My hat is wool and brocade. These pieces were all based on roughly 15th c. sources, though there really was little change in Persian garb during the middle ages.

I also entered my 1570s Venetian gown into the arts and sciences display. You've seen that one before, so I won't explain it again. (:



No comments:

Post a Comment